Québec Firearms Registration Service
Effective from January 29, 2019, all unrestricted firearms on Québec territory must be registered when acquired.
Owners of firearms are responsible for registering with the Québec Firearms Registration Service (SIAF) even for firearms previously registered with the former Canadian gun registry.
Submit your application to:
- register your non-restricted firearm;
- fill out and submit at any time a notice of transfer of ownership;
- update your personal information and information concerning your firearm, including the place where it is kept;
- consult your firearm inventory.
Only online or mail applications are accepted.
Do you wish to relinquish one or more firearms, that is:
- transfer the ownership of your firearm to an individual or a business that possesses a permit authorizing it to acquire the firearm (donation or sale);
- make an appointment to voluntarily turn in the firearm at a police station.
Other means exist, but to ensure that you comply with the law, you are advised to contact the Bureau de contrôle des armes à feu et des explosifs (BCAFE):
- by telephone at : 1-800-731-4000
- by email